Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Update coming, with pictures!

I've been back from the US for 3 days now, and each of them has been very busy! Monday, after working during the afternoon, I went jogging and stocked up at the supermarket. I cooked spaghetti, and by the time it was ready to eat at 9:00, I was exhausted. Tuesday evening I went to a different supermarket in search of skim milk (found it at Tottus ... Santa Isabel was out, and had been out for over a week!) Again, by the time I returned and fixed dinner, I was exhausted. Yesterday, Wed., we had our GBU group in the afternoon, and at night, bible study with Communidad Cristiano de Santiago. That brings me to today. I've already added photos to facebook (check them out if you have an account), but will put up some commentary from the journey soon.


I guess it's the peril of a working man, but I've found that I really only have about 3 hrs of "me time" each day. In the mornings, I'm jogging or preparing for the day ahead. I get home from work about 6:30 or 7 (sometimes later, depending if I go to the supermarket or not, which I do about 3 days/wk), and after cooking dinner and eating, it's nearly 9:30, and I'm exhausted. I try to begin my "bed routine" by 10ish, and aim to fall asleep somewhere around 11. So most days I just don't have the energy - or time (blogger, can you PLEASE make adding photos easier??!) - to blog.

Anyway, this afternoon, through Sunday, I am joining my colleagues from work at a conference-retreat in Linares, about 3 hrs south of Santiago. I hear there are hot springs!! I'm bringing my camera, and hopefully will be able to take & post some pictures from there. Enjoy the weekend!

3 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, May 18, 2008, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

Good to have you back commenting. My comments have been lacking in your blog-time break if you didn't notice. The hit count on my blog is up, but no one wants to be brave enough to leave comments, except liz :) glad you enjoyed that. hope things are going well with you. talk to you soon

 
At 1:53 PM, May 19, 2008, Blogger lizcannon said...

brad b!!!!! of course you can blog-stalk us!!! how is life? what are you doing... teaching or still getting you phd or both, or i dont know what's going on!?!?!?!? let me know!

 
At 9:45 PM, May 19, 2008, Blogger Miles said...

Earlier this afternoon I was just thinking that I only get one hour of me time unless I stay up way later than I should.

Also, I tried calling you again. I'm never sure if I'm doing it right because of your funny dial tones down there. Anyway, we'll catch up soon enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older