Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, September 02, 2005

All moved in, but nowhere to go

Hey, just a brief post. Today I moved into my house in Thorpes (2nd Ave, #35 Oakwood Park). The secretary at the Met. Institute found this place for me and my two roommates, Kevin and Ken. Kevin is from Jamaica and Ken is from Monserrat. You are probably familiar with Jamaica, so here's a little bit about Monserrat: it is about 1/3 of the way south in the chain of the Windward Islands, was struck by Hurricane Hugo in 1989, and in 1995, had a catastrophic volcanic eruption that destroyed 1/2 of the island (and it remains uninhabitable to this day, so most of the former residents of Monserrat have moved away). Kevin and Ken are studying hydrology at the Met. Institute, and will be here through February (I will stay through May).

Enjoy these few pictures of our house. As Marcia (the OU meteorology secretary) commented, "why did you send that picture with all that junk on your bed?" My only answer is to grin and say "well, you wanted me to be authentic, right? That's how my room looks most of the time!!"

Cheers!
My bedroom


My kitchen


My living room

My street

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Bethany said...

Quel maison! Looks good my friend :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older