Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Firefox 3

Tuesday I joined the millions in downloading the latest version of Firefox web browser, Firefox 3. While I am definitely a fan of open-source code (using Open Office here at work on my Linux box, as well as GIMP and other neat - and free - programs), the Firefox release was a little underwhelming. The version for Linux was timestamped, on the FTP server, as June 8th, meaning the "latest" release was already put out a week before the release date. Furthermore, I've noticed some performance delays here in Linux: for example, using the flash plug-in, images & animations are crawling compared to their speeds in FF2. Also the "theme" of my browser isn't very sexy (maybe someone will create a theme that I like and that is compatible with FF3-Linux!)

Otherwise, I'm happy to use the free and quite useful Firefox 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older