Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, September 12, 2008

Irony & Ike

A few thoughts about Ike:

1- the storm surge will be much higher than would otherwise be expected from a strong category 2 hurricane. The NWS is expecting 15-20 feet, and it seems reasonable.

2- Shame on Fox News et al.! I get the live feed from Fox here in my cable network, and just tonight (7:40 pm EDT 12 Sept 2008) listened to the "esteemed" Geraldo Rivera (ha!) chastise people for not evacuating Galveston Island. Here's the rub: the idiot was broadcasting LIVE from the Galveston seawall. How on earth can anyone expect a full evacuation when the news media themselves converge on the very "mandatory" evacuation zones and setup camp for their ratings? Shame on you, Geraldo, for calling non-evacuees out on their decision when you are a walking talking hypocrit! Obviously the best strategy for people living in those low areas was to get out, but can you blame them for reacting to the mixed signal?

3- Hopefully the storm surge will be less than expected in Galveston and points north and east. Unfortunately it doesn't look so hopeful.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, September 13, 2008, Blogger leo said...

you know something? you are helping me a lot just telling me all those "cheering up" things!

thanks!

I knew this was going to happend, but I didn't it was going to be that hard! =S... But it's getting better =D, now I have a place to live while I find my own apartment!

Again, thanks!

and by the way, I found a website that seems more less like tv-links.uk....

http://tvshack.net

I've found a lot of tv shows there =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older