Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Apartment-hunting

Since my last post several people have asked me where I plan to live once I get to Annapolis. I've thought about it quite a bit, and here's my idea 'du jour' (I guess I should use "del dia" since it makes more sense to me!). I'm currently scanning classifieds, most notably craigslist, for roommate-wanted notices. It's a little tricky contacting people since I don't have a US phone number (I'm considering shelling out $10 for skype-in for this month). But I think it's a good idea to room with someone for at least several reasons: (1) I don't know Annapolis, it's neighborhoods, etc., so rooming with someone gives me time to get to know the city; (2) I don't know anyone, either, in Annapolis, so a roommate is at least one contact; (3) Annapolis is expensive to live in!; and (4) most of the places I'm looking at already have much of the "big furniture" items like sofa, refrigerator, etc.

I've made one contact and am waiting for several other replies. Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, December 07, 2008, Blogger Dianne said...

wow, just a few more days! have fun!

 
At 12:01 PM, December 08, 2008, Blogger Steph said...

We have mutual friends in College Park; they may be able to help you in some way. Let me know if you need contact info or if you don't know to whom I'm referring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older