Desierto norte de Chile

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

There's a first time for everything I guess!

Today, while returning to my apartment from my morning walk, I encountered a small red auto en the crosswalk with Toesca. And by "encountered", I mean the driver hit me with her car. It wasn't a bad collision, but it did knock me sideways and cause me to twist my left ankle. I probably should have waited for the cars to cross (that intersection is notoriously bad for people running the stop sign... which she definitely had on her side), but I was in my walking pace and didn't necessarily want to slow down. Anyway, maybe later I'll head out and take a picture of the intersection.

Also, this afternoon, I'm going to San Pedro de Atacama, probably northern Chile's most famous spot, for 3 days. I hope to be able to see the geysers, watch the sunset in the Valley of the Moon, and head into Bolivia for a short trip to a thermal lake (Laguna Verde). I'll try to remember my camera this time (recall my trip to Buenos Aires & Montevideo were photo-free due to my bad memory!). And I'll try to post photos sooner than the ones I'm slowly loading from my trip up in the far north of Chile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older