Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, October 04, 2008

18 y 19 de Septiembre: Fiestas Patrias y Dia de las Glorias del Ejercito

Chile celebrated its national holidays (similar to US independence day) on the 18th and 19th of September. Convenient to me, the major party on the 18th and the military parade on the 19th both take place in Parque OHiggins-- a 3 minute walk from my apartment. So I joined up with Dave, one of the new gringo postdocs in our department, and we wandered over to the party on the 18th. The weather got a lot better for the 19th (sunny and warm, instead of cloudy and cool like it was on the 18th), but I stayed in my apartment and watched the parade on TV (and about 1/4th of it passed by my apartment anyway!)

Here are some photos:

























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older