Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ode to Nathan

So yesterday (24 Sept) was my birthday, and I had a great time celebrating with my new Chilean friends. The GBU group came over to my apartment on Tuesday for dinner & cake, and my church house group had a cake for me & sang it up on Wednesday. I'll upload some pictures soon, but for now, I want to give a special shout-out to my pal Nathan, who wins the Creativity Award in his facebook message: he gave me a birthday haiku!

birthday haiku

Today is your birthday
celebrate it, ancient one!
you're almost thirty!

Nathan, thanks for your friendship & for letting me join up with you and Bob on your adventures-in-bible-study-leading last year! Also thanks for the constant reminder that about the only way I'll get the better of you in Ultimate is if I rake you in the mouth with the disk. (Of course you got your revenge... my right eye socket was bruised for a week after you pegged me!) In return for your generous poem, I offer you this sample of my own creativity:

Thank-you limerick.

There once was an athlete named Crain.
The ultimate field was his reign.
    Encouragement he gave;
    Many a match he did save;
Yet girls? For him still a bane.

God bless, my friend!!

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, September 28, 2008, Blogger Miles said...

Happy brithday bro. I thought about you on wednesday, but you'll have to take my word for it because I have not been blog surfing lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older