Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, April 06, 2009

Few thoughts

1- Work and classes have gone really well the past few weeks. As we hurtle toward the end of the semester, it's good to be able to wrap up many loose ends: in the lecture material, I think my students really get the way the atmosphere works -- both at the micro and macro levels. We've had quizzes, homeworks, and labs due in quick succession, and I know I'll be glad to be done with grading probably as much as the students will be glad to be done with the "doing".

2- Today was the first thunderstorm of the year in Annapolis. I was teaching 2nd period and we had to pause class and go out to look at the storm. While it wasn't violent or vigorous, it was a nice storm, and it fit with our "macro" approach to the atmosphere.

3- I've had several groups over to my apartment the past month. Starting with bible study back in February, and then continuing through the UNC-Duke watch party in March and two other basketball (Elite 8 and Final Four) parties in late March & early April. I prepared lots of food for the Final Four watch party on Saturday, and David and I are still eating the leftovers.

4- Last night my friends from ESL class - and also from the spanish-speaking church - came over for dinner, which was great because I've been trying to connect with them for the past few weeks! They invited me to play soccer with them on Saturday, and today (Monday) my legs are still sore! But we had a good time. This Wednesday bible study comes over for the final time (with this bible study); we're studying Barak, one of the Judges who worked with Deborah to defeat the Philistines. Should be interesting.

5- UNC plays tonight in the National Championship game. I'm cautiously optimistic for two reasons: one, they're playing pretty well now, and two, they already beat Michigan State back in December. Being a prognosticator, I'll predict Carolina to win, 88-80. We shall see what happens.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, April 07, 2009, Blogger mellanie said...

Were you happy with the outcome?!?!?!! We are ecstatic!!

GO TAR HEELS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older