Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Norway, Duke, birthdays, the ACC tournament, and spring break

1- I hosted a watch party for last Sunday's UNC-Duke game in my apartment. About 10 friends came over and hung out, although few of them were as in to the game as I was. Carolina prevailed 79-71 and has now won 5 of the last 7 against Duke. :)

2- This weekend I'm going back to N.C. to celebrate Mom & Charles's birthday with my family. It's good to be able to just drive back home for the celebration (as opposed to living halfway across either the country or the world!) If the weather's fine, I'll try to volunteer some at Camp Don Lee and do some work on the Barrett cabin there.

3- This weekend is also the (historically) most exciting basketball weekend on tobacco road: the ACC tournament. Of course with Carolina's dominance this year (and NCSU's absence from contention for the better part of 2 decades), the tournament doesn't look to be as exciting or wide open as in other years.

4- I bought some candy last night and brought it in for my students to celebrate the start of spring break (which begins tomorrow). They completed a straightforward lab activity that taught them about satellite imagery and its usage, and most finished well before the lab period ended.

5- At the end of next week, I'm going to Stavanger Norway to visit Trygve!! It's been a long time coming, but I'm glad for his willingness to host me at his place. Norway is a country with lots of natural beauty -- not unlike southernmost Chile in some ways -- and I'm stoked about hanging out with him again.

It's shaping up to be an exciting week!

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, March 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about Norway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older