Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, February 09, 2009

My first ESL class

Today, at the suggestion of a good friend from Chapel Hill (Jen Hagin), I connected with a volunteer group from Anne Arundel Community College and helped out on an ESL class (English as a Second Language). I tutored one-on-one a lady from the dominican republic. She was a beginner in nearly every way -- in her english skills, and also her skills as a student. I helped out for 2.5 hrs (of the 3 hr class), and headed home after a LONG day (7:30-4:30 at USNA, 6-8:30 volunteering as an instructor of english)! But it was fulfilling, and I hope to get back there soon.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, February 09, 2009, Blogger Saintly Nurse said...

Woot for ESL classes! Thank you for volunteering your time - I am sure the lady you helped appreciated it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older