Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Would you like a little salt with that yogurt?

So last night I offered my roommate Rene some of the pork & mushroom I made a few days ago. He graciously accepted and prepared a heaping portion. I cooked it without adding much salt, so while Rene was grabbing a yogurt from the fridge (as an aside, that made for an interesting dinner: pork chops with cream of mushroom soup and yogurt), I suggested that the last few times I'd eaten it, I needed to add salt. I turned around only to catch Rene about to dump salt into his yogurt! Laughing at our miscommunication, I grabbed the salt container (we don't have a shaker, just use the big cylinder) and told him that I wasn't referring to yogurt but to the pork. He looked at me curiously and said that he thought I was weird to eat my yogurt with salt.

So goes this cross-cultural life I'm living!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older