Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Counties I've visited

So courtesy of our friends over at Mob Rule, I created (from memory, so it's a rough approximation) a map of the counties I've visited over the years. You can certainly see some patterns: the interstate highway system (of which I've made heavy use in criss-crossing the country!), high density of counties in N. Carolina (where I grew up) and Oklahoma (where I lived 6 years and drove everywhere in pursuit of storms), and a few airports here & there (most notably Anchorage, AK). I'm thankful for the chance to see and know more about my country- but still note that the >1000 counties I've been in only constitutes about 30% of the total counties in the US. (Wow, don't know if I should be motivated to travel more, or discouraged by the task ahead!)

My counties visited:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older