Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, August 13, 2011

You want to give me how much money?

This afternoon while flying home from Denver, United Airlines was asking for volunteers to take the next flight (3 hrs later, arriving at 1 a.m.) because the current one was oversold. Of course since my schedule was flexible I volunteered. Turned out, however, that for multiple reasons (no-shows, other delayed flights, etc.), only 2 of the 5 or so volunteers ended up being needed. But since I was the first volunteer, and because the 2nd and 3rd volunteers were traveling together, when the final "no show" didnt board, I was asked to take the flight. The cool thing is that United gave me the denied boarding compensation *anyway*! So basically I got $400 to take my original flight. HOw cool is that? Now, when and where do I want to go? Considering my earlier post about spending more than 20% of the year away from home in Annapolis, I might want to wait a few days before booking that trip! You might remember that my 4-day jaunt to Spain and Portugal was inspired by a $350 travel voucher I got from US Airways while heading to Tahoe last year. I'll take an average of $375/yr in denied boarding compensations, you betcha!

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, August 15, 2011, Blogger Kim Barrett said...

haha that's awesome Brad ! That's never happened to me and if it did, I'm always to ready to get home so I probably wouldn't take it. Congrats to you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older