Desierto norte de Chile

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A tale of the "C's": conferences, California, and Colorado

Back in the last week of July and the first week of August, I went out to present at the AMS Mesoscale Conference in Los Angeles. I enjoyed a great few days of talks, research brainstorming, interaction with old friends, meeting of new friends, jogs around LAX (not a terrible place after all to have a conference... the sidewalks are wide and the road leading to the beach actually not that traveled at all!) My talk went well, and also my visit with my friend Dianne (we went out to Malibu). After LA, I flew to Denver and spent a few days there, first in a personal retreat to the Great Sand Dunes National Park west of Pueblo, then up to Mt. Democrat south of Frisco, then into Denver itself for the weekend, and then finally up to Ft. Collins and Colorado State University for a week-long COMET Satellite Workshop. Each of the experiences in Colorado went very well. Here are some pictures.












































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older