Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Proposals and laboratories

So since my summer funding has run out, I've been working hard(er) this year to line up something for June-Aug 2012. Over the summer I submitted a proposal to NSF to study intraseasonal variability of air quality (specifically ozone). We'll see how that comes out, as it's presently in external review. Then two weeks ago a colleague (from Oceanography) and I submitted another proposal to NSF, this time looking at the Arctic and intraseasonal variability there. We'll also see how that goes. Finally, last week I met with representatives from Lawrence Livermore, Los Alamos, and Sandia national laboratories to talk about visiting faculty programs. It might work out that I could visit one of the labs and work with one (or more) of their scientists on a project of our mutual choosing (perhaps, and ideally, overlapped with one or both of the above-mentioned NSF proposals). Eight weeks in Livermore- wouldn't that be cool?!

In other news, I've had some good success with internal funding in other projects involving students: (1) my SWIFT colleague worked to support another 10 students' participation next year, which is great news for them! (2) My proposal to take 4 students to Ecuador & Chile is forwarded up the chain of command for final approval, so we'll see if we head there next March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older