Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, July 14, 2006

Austin was great!

This past weekend I got to visit Xinan and Jin in Austin. It was my first venture south to the capital of the Lone Star State, and I admit the city lived up to its billing. From the nightlife along 5th and 6th streets, to the group of weekend joggers along the Colorado River, Austin is a pretty cool city! Xinan and I joined some friends of his at Vicci on 5th street Friday night for a little techno / latin dancing (which was pretty sweet), and on Saturday after our a.m. jog, we drove south to San Antonio and visited the Alamo & Guadeloupe river. Saturday night Jin prepared an excellent "hot pot" dinner for us and 3 of her Chinese friends from business school, and then we played hold'em poker into the night. Sunday we enjoyed dim sum (Chinese food brunch), then watched Italia take l'Republic 5-3 in PKs in the FIFA World Cup finals. Here are four photos: of Xinan and me in front of the Alamo, me in Texas, Xinan and Jin in front of the UT business school, and me at Daryl Royal Memorial Stadium reminding American football fans everywhere to "saw 'em off".





1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy! Just thought i'd finally check out this whole blog thing. Looks pretty cool...

Charles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older