Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ooooooooooo-klahoma,

... where the wind comes sweeping down the plain, and the waiving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain!

I am back in Norman. Dad and I had an enjoyable drive west Friday & Saturday - but I could have done without all the fast-food. My U.S. restaurant experiences through mid-day Saturday were: McDonalds (Orlando airport), Wendys (Cary, NC), Ruby Tuesdays (Greenville), Arbys (eastern TN), Burger King (eastern AR), and Sonic (Sallisaw, OK). French fries are good, but not for every meal!

Later this morning I'm headed to church. Looking forward to reconnecting with friends and worshipping in a familiar place. The Bluesteins are leaving on Monday, so I'll stay with Mike French (props to you, bro) again tonight and move into their house tomorrow after class. Speaking of, class begins tomorrow, and I'm excited about it. Funding is worked out (as far as I know), which is a big blessing.

I still have to apply for a new passport -- that'll have to come after class tomorrow. But I'm getting settled, and that's an important step in the transition.

Any thoughts on renaming the blog? As my friend Francine put it, I'm no longer saying good morning to Barbados each day.

4 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, June 04, 2006, Blogger Saintly Nurse said...

I think it would be cool if you left blog name as is. It would be different, and different is good. :)

 
At 6:26 PM, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Oklahoma?

You know, I love Oklahoma. Yes, it REALLY WAS one of the greatest wonders of my post-graduation road trip. Seriously--I'm not joking at all. But the part I drove through did not smell sweet. Maybe it was a dry year.

 
At 12:25 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Bethany said...

well, think that the title should just be about you...not tied to a specific location, b/c we all know you like to move around and hate to have to change it with each move....or, maybe that would be fun.
"The Chronicles of Brad"
"Austrian Adventures"
"The Life and Times of a lesser known storm-chaser"
just getting the juices flowing, i will get back to you when i have something great :)

 
At 6:04 AM, June 09, 2006, Blogger Niedobry said...

no, don't rename it, better leave it as it is now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older