Desierto norte de Chile

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Twenty-one days

Today marks the three-week anniversary for my departure from the island. In other news:

- I had an enjoyable conversation with my friend Michael today. We reminisced about the past year, ministry, campus crusade, Barbados, Godly inspiration and soverignty, struggles in the global church, long-distance romance, the heat, America, Colombia, cross-cultural interactions, and a few other things. Our conversation began around 10:30 and continued until 2:00, which makes it one of the longest in-person one-on-one conversations I have had in the year. Did I mention that he is a great guy? (And, yea ladies, he is single).

- Lawrence (at CIMH) is thinking of running the MM5 to study climate change in the eastern Caribbean. We were able to talk through some strategy - and comp sci tactics - this afternoon. I wish him the best of luck, b/c anyone running the MM5 will agree that it's a barrel of headaches (with a few results tucked in somewhere!)

- As Michael and I discussed, the heat is on. It hasn't been cooler than 82 in my bedroom at night, and routinely hovers ~ 85F at bedtime. But my early morning exercises have been enjoyable.

- Visit http://www.stevekmccoy.com/reformissionary/ for an interesting, and even refreshing, perspective on the Baptist church. (Thanks Burly for the link. Good read).

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, May 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sixteen days for me. I guess some of us are just a little faster than others!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older