Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, March 14, 2008

83-70 or 82-70 ?

Here in Chile we don't usually receive US sporting events (unless they involve soccer), so today at work I followed the UNC-FSU first-round ACC Tourney game online. I normally use Yahoo Sports for play-by-play because they have the fastest update and reload times (i.e., the scores come in fastest and b/c their pages don't have so many advertisements or graphics, they refresh more quickly than ESPN, CBS, etc.), but I liked ESPN's more detailed play-by-play, so today I followed the game on both sites.

About mid-way through the second half, I noticed that ESPN began reporting that UNC had one more point than Yahoo indicated they had. This discrepancy continued all the way through until the end of the game. I've pasted screen shots of both ESPN and Yahoo "final" numbers. I wonder who was right!?? I guess I'll have to check out other sources to see which site was more correct. For fun, I posted both sites' box scores (which do add up to 82 and 83, respectively, for Yahoo and ESPN).

Regardless, UNC won, and I am glad. But it would have been a little more frustrating if the game was within a point or two!



2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, March 14, 2008, Blogger greg said...

82-70 was the final. you didn't miss anything by not watching it--i nominate it for most boring carolina game all year (but boring is okay as long as we win, right?).

 
At 2:50 PM, March 14, 2008, Blogger Saintly Nurse said...

Ha! Greg beat me to it...I have to say, it wasn't the most exciting game ever, but I'm good as long as it's a W for the good guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older