Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Curtains, retreats, and Tar Heels

From this weekend forward, my neighbors are going to have to work much harder to find out what I look like in the morning. That's right, I now have curtains, and what's more, they are self-installed! (I've opened the bidding on how long it takes them to somehow break, as I am definitely not skilled in the mechanical / do-it-yourself area.) I hit a few snafus with the drill -- going through concrete is not as simple as you might think -- but all seems well.

Today after church I signed up to go on the "youth retreat" next weekend. We'll take a bus 2 hrs south of Santiago and spend the weekend in the valley. I might have been told more information, but again my spanish just isn't good enough to catch all the details. So I'm trusting that it will be fine. And regardless, the opportunity to hang out with people and practice my spanish is one I'm not going to pass up. I'll be taking my frisbee, as maybe we'll have space to toss it around (and I can introduce these chilenos to a sport much more fun than futbol!)

Last night UNC beat Duke. Woohoo! Go Tar Heels! I look forward to trying to follow them in the ACC & NCAA tournaments. I have visions of watch parties here, but perhaps that's a little ambitious, as it requires a station here to actually pick up a game or two... if I'm lucky, probably only the championship game, which (1) is very hard for UNC to make it to, and (2) occurs Monday night from 10-12 pm here, not super convenient for watching. But I'm still praying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older