Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, March 07, 2008

Rain, white people, and basketball

This morning it RAINED in Santiago. Okay we only received 2 millimeters (or 0.08 inches), which isnt much at all. But it is still rain. And considering we hadn't had any rain since Dec 3rd when I arrived, it is welcome :)

** EDIT ** This afternoon at 7:04 p.m. I observed lightning (cloud-cloud) and heard thunder about 9 seconds later. We are getting intermittent heavy showers and the cloud bases are just above the skyscrapers. Woohoo!

One of my friends pointed out this quite stereotypically funny website making fun of the quirks of white people. It's called "Stuff White People Like". Warning: I spent over 30 mins yesterday laughing my head off at some of his interests. I would characterize myself as 50% white based on his list. I do read the NY Times, like to travel, enjoy the outdoors, jog for exercise, and have a ph.d. I am not into arts, drinking coffee, NPR, Apple Inc. products, or recycling. Yes, the list could be renamed "stuff wealthy yuppy white people like", but I guess I might fall into that category (minus the part about the wealth).

Tomorrow UNC and Duke renew their basketball rivalry. I think that the UNC team is very good this year, but as always they have trouble with Duke. I'm not convinced that Duke is that good, but I was thinking it over while brushing my teeth this morning and concluded that they do play well as a team. I found an article on collegerivals.com that rated each team's starting five against the other's, and UNC won 4 of the 5 positions (with only DeMarcus Nelson ahead). Yet they only picked UNC to win by 3. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how everything pans out!

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Dianne said...

hmmm. i thought i'd score higher than 15 of 85. maybe i'm not very white at all! haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older