Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Baptism, Chesapeake style

Yesterday I joined Iglesia Emmanuel for their bi-annual baptisms and drove with Baltazar, Oscar, Isabel, and Iris down to Point Lookout State Park in far southern Maryland. There were 29 people baptized (by my count) and hundreds of people in attendance. We left Annapolis about 6:15 a.m. (15 mins late, as I was the last to arrive!) and I carpooled down with my small group. We had an excellent cookout with lots of tasty meats and played 2 rousing games of futbol (soccer). The baptisms were held around 10:30 a.m. and lasted through about 11:15. I taught some of the guys how to throw the frisbee around - but one of 'em sent an errant disc hurtling into the women (and it banged one of them in the head) so that ended our frisbee-tossing.

Here's a picture of where Point Lookout is in MD; I'll post other pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older