Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Who knew I was such a talented poker player?

This afternoon I came in 2nd place (out of 9 players) at the Campus Crusade men's poker tournament! I almost won first place, but the last hand we decided to both go all-in before looking at our cards, and although I actually was dealt "pocket aces", the other guy matched a three with two threes in the communal cards and beat me 3-of-a-kind to pair-of-aces. Go figure! It was a great day of bonding with both the guys and the other men who support Crusade at the Academy. Here are a few pics of the poker action, and also a scene of the snow as it was starting to accumulate. I estimate Annapolis accumulated 1" of heavy, slushy wet snow (as I type the temperature is for the first time approaching freezing... maybe still 34-35F).






1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, December 14, 2009, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

Is this at your new place? Hope I get to talk to you sometime soon man. Merry Christmas. Hope the year is going well for you. Can't wait to catch up sometime soon. Later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older