Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Woohoo, my return has been selected for audit!

**This is an update to my post on January 17**

So since I'm now at week 21 (and counting) to receive my first-time homebuyer tax credit, I decided to call the IRS this morning and inquire as to its status. I dialed in at 8:10 a.m., and was connected to a represenatative by 8:25 a.m. (this was a Thursday, so maybe the wait times were suppressed?). The nice representative gave me some details I hadn't gotten before: that my amended return was sent up for managerial approval on/around 28 September 2009, and on 13 February 2010, it was selected for audit. How excellent!

This means that in the next 3 weeks, I'll receive a letter asking for more information - not sure what they want, since I sent in copies of (what I thought were) the HUD forms, including the notarized form from the State of Maryland certifying that I'm a first-time buyer in this state. Then I'll return the info to the audit office, where it'll sit at the bottom of a pile for a few weeks (hopefully only "a few"!), and then hopefully it'll pass muster for whatever details they were looking for and they'll issue the credit!

Finally, and ironically, I've completed my 2009 tax returns, both Federal and State, and will be submitting them this week. I'm nearly 100% confident that I'll get the 2009 refunds before the amended 2008 refund :) Bueno, asi es el gobierno, que pueda hacer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older