Desierto norte de Chile

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Oh, splash.

Zach Barnes (shown, left, with 2 of his students in Ireland) is in town. In his furlough between years of english teaching in Kralupy, Czech Republic (which, coincidentally, does not yet exist on the 'country list' in Barbados. They do still have Czechoslovakia, whose country code was good enough to send a package last yr.) Zach and I went out to Moe's on Saturday and then chilled out pretty good. Then Chris Crowder joined us last night at Olive Garden for some tasty Italian food. Zach is a great guy; if you haven't gotten to know him, czech him out at http://zbarnes.blogspot.com.

Today I gave my August Intersession students a midterm. The class will be complete next week (we meet 4 hrs/day for 12 days), and after that, I finish up my general exam prospectus & head east to Austria. Can you believe I head there in a month?

My root canal went smoothly last Wednesday. No more toothache for this fellow. And my pseudo-brown recluse bite (just above my right knee) also continues to improve. Medications over the past two weeks: ibuprophen, orajel, penicillin, codene, and another antibiotic. I will be very glad when this is all over.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, August 08, 2006, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

oh splash dawg. lookin forward to "chillin pretty hard" in europe with you next semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older