Desierto norte de Chile

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Flo's 27th birthday, and christmas day sledding!

Florian turned 27 on Friday 22 December, and he and Babsi threw a party for their close friends. I enjoyed a nice early-morning game of pantomime (not sure if that's the correct name, but you get the idea: we had to describe something, either by using words or actions), even though my German is pretty weak. It was guys vs. girls, but the guys lost.

I took the train to Paternion on the 25th and joined the Lassnig family for lunch and afternoon sledding. Flo and I had a good talk in the night, and I think we cleared up much of the misunderstanding that was clouding our friendship from the past months. The lessons to be learned are (1) rooming with people is hard, as it tends to amplify the idiosyncrasies of people's personalities; (2) I still struggle with being selfish and prideful, even if I like to think of myself as a jolly good fellow. But there is grace sufficient for me, which is good, because I need it! Here are two photos from the birthday party, and two from the christmas day sledding.




1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, January 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Christmas was enjoyable for you. Thanks for your honesty - it's so refreshing. The fact that you're willing to admit that you're a selfish and proud human being is proof that you are soft and pliable in God's hands - and He is sanctifying you as a result. It's a beautiful thing. Thanks for all of your encouragement - I'm excited to hear about where you'll be going next!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older