Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, April 16, 2007

VA Tech shooting

Been working on my research this morning and rather insulate from the news. I was quite shocked (as I guess just about everyone was once they heard) to read that 32 Virginia Tech students & faculty were shot & killed this morning on campus. It is easily the worst mass-shooting in U.S. history. I started thinking about OU, and the horrible impact that would have here. UNC (my alma mater) recently lost a popular guy cheerleader, and they are still mourning him. Imagine the multiple connections those 32 (33, including the shooter, who was also a student) students had -- to a huge majority of the campus. My prayers are with them as they deal with their loss and turn to celebrating the lives that were stopped short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older