Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, February 23, 2007

Storms tomorrow?

The first moderate risk of the still-young severe convective storms season has been issued for western okla. In stark contrast to my historic pessimism about storm possibilities, I think they've got it mostly right this time. At least they are justified in the moderate risk ... if storms do form tomorrow, they will be mighty intense! Perhaps a better and more enjoyable component to tomorrow is the general good mood and buzz that will be echoing through the NWC halls tomorrow. Call it a cultural curiosity, but I'm excited to see how everyone else reacts. :) Throw ten visiting prospective graduate students into the mix, and we have ourselves a very nice day on tap. The img. posting is from the SPC day 1 outlook. 15% hatched area for tornadoes (not shown). We shall see.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am excited for some severe weather. I think that being around Metr students is rubbing off on me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older