Desierto norte de Chile

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Laptop troubles . . . and a solution

So yesterday, my beloved (cue the sarcasm) Gateway laptop decided it wanted to depart my service. It had been warning me for a few months, with random bouts of dis-service, and now it's time has come. Fortunately, last night it gave me a few more hours of operation, allowing me to copy my files from the hard drive and backup most (whatever files I could find) of my work from Austria and summer in Oklahoma.

Because time is fleeting, and I cannot afford to lose too many days sans laptop, I have already ordered a Dell. Only bad thing is that the new laptop's expected delivery date is not until 05/02 until 07/02 (feb. 5 to 7). It will be two weeks of patience and borrowing. Some specs of the new laptop, which I am excited about!

- Inspiron E1505, Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 (4MB/2.00GHz/667MHz)
- 15.4 Inch TrueLife Wide-screenWXGA
- 2GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm RAM
- 160GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive
- 8X DVD+/-RW Drive

It should be a fast system, and I view it as a worthwhile investment in my professional future.

3 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, January 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

two word: tax deduction!!! BethAnn

 
At 4:52 PM, February 02, 2007, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

dude. what's goin on? how are things goin? miss you in europe :) hope things are good. talk to you soon. never see you on skype anymore. i've actually started to be on more often. if you get on sometime i'll tell you why :) peace

 
At 9:02 AM, February 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for dell's. i love mine. :)most of the people on my team own mac's, but i'm loyal to my faithful little pc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older