Desierto norte de Chile

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wham!

Yesterday, during our regular weekly game of Ultimate Frisbee, I had a very interesting and very personal encounter with one of our discs. While warming up, I raced into the middle of our 5-person circle to snag an underthrown disc, and at that exact time, one of my friends, who shall remain nameless, stepped into a full-throttle huck about 20 feet from my face. You can guess the rest (a blind-sided collision with my right temple ... for those slow on the uptake). Today I am sporting a nice quarter-sized bruise above my eyebrow, and it hurts to squint. But you know, I don't think I would have it any other way... this remains the best sport known to man (even if I'm lousy at the running part of it!)

From left to right: Caleb, Tate, Mee, Brad, Nathan, Nick, Leo.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

ok, i finally updated. so much for "keep 'em coming". it's not even so much about current events in my life, but my latest verbal processings. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older