Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Streak and EURO 2008

1. As I amended below, the US (through today Sun June 22) has now had 32 consecutive tornado-report "days" (defined by the SPC as a convective day, spanning from 7 am to 6:59 am the following day). While some of the one-report days might be dubious, this high number of consecutive tornado-days is indicative of a very active convective season.

2. I've enjoyed watching the Euro Cup 2008 on t.v. The teams have reached the semifinals, with Russia playing Spain and Germany playing Turkey. It'll be fun to see who wins it all next weekend.

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, June 23, 2008, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

gosh, can you believe it? Turkey is freakin unreal. I don't know if you saw the CZ-Turkey game, or heard about it, but they just turn on the jets in the final minutes when it's necessary. They're the team to be reckoned with. I tell you dude. I abosolutely LOVE the Euro cup. I think turkey will win cuz of this, but like I also want spain, germany, and russia to win. It's like a win-win-win-win situation. But the games are unreal. The quarterfinals were all stupendous. Ok. man. talk to you later. I'm glad you got my letter. I miss you. we should skype sometime. There's some definitely new news . cau.

 
At 6:48 PM, June 26, 2008, Blogger Dianne said...

yeah, i think turkey was 3rd in the world cup in 2002...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older