Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, October 31, 2005

The Freshmen Fifteen [yikes!]

I have been bitten by the bug. A drastic change in lifestyle - toward the sedentary, not the active - has hit me hard. Couple that with a eat-to-kill-time mentality, add in a healthy dose of boredom, and viola, you've got the "freshmen fifteen".

Some of the students here at the Met. Institute hadn't seen me in a few weeks, and today they asked me if I had gained weight. YIKES! It shows. Unfortunately, I've added just about exactly 15 pounds since arriving in Barbados, blossoming from a slim 210 to a chunky 225.

So you've heard it here: I am officially commiting to a diet. (Mike French, STOP LAUGHING! lol) I have to cease and desist with my dreadful eating habits, and adopt a more Brad-friendly exercise routine: runs and walks, combined with situps and pushups. I am already engaged in all of the above (save the healthy eating), so augmentation is the name of the game (instead of invention!)

Stay tuned, I have 6.5 weeks until my family visits. We'll see how close to 210 I can get..... [yikes, and double-yikes! how did these 15 lbs "slip up" on me?!]

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eating all that cookie dough has contributed to those 15 pounds. And you still want me to bring M and Ms??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older