Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Tourist for a day: Where I live

Hello, it has been a few days since I last posted, so I owe you guys some new material! This will be the first of several posts chronicling my journey into Bridgetown last Friday. To set the stage: I have been wanting to take some photos of the island and town for a while, but in my stubborn desire to "fit in", I never took my camera with me for fear of being labeled a tourist. At the suggestion of a friend living abroad, I decided to shuck my stubbornness and photograph at will. So I donned my flowered shirt (bought in Hawaii, I might add!) and my swim trunks, and set out for an day's adventure.

My first photo stop: my neighborhood. Here is my house, my cul-de-sac, and the main street where I catch the bus.

The kitchen:


The living room: (notice it is the same room as the kitchen!)


The views from our windows, looking north, east, and south:







The house:


Another view of the house. My bedroom is the open window in the foreground:


The cul-de-sac where Lot C sits:


The street leading to the cul-de-sac:


The main street, looking toward town:


The main street, looking away from town:



Stay tuned for the next post: The trip into town.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Bethany said...

it is nice to see some pics of where you live. never be afraid of looking like a tourist, we all do it from time to time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older