Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, October 03, 2005

Run for Life


Yesterday I ventured into Bridgetown (the capital city of Barbados) to join over 500 athletes in the Digicel / Addidas Run for Life 5K. The 3.1-mile course took us through the eastern part of the city, by the main hospital, the prime minister's headquarters, and the southern beach of Carisle Bay. While I didn't set a personal record (22:31, vs 22:00 for my PR), I had a great time soaking up Bajan culture. I discovered that Barbadian runners are not unlike American runners; we both wear similar clothing, and we both train and run hard! For only $25, I got a t-shirt, water bottle, finisher's medal, and the chance to interact with 500 Bajans at the same time!

Hope your weekend was productive, restful, and fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older