Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Boomer Sooner -- in Barbados?

On my morning jog today, I happened across a strange sight: three people, 2 women and a man, who were out for a morning walk (ok, that's not strange), but the man was wearing a "2000 Oklahoma Sooners National Champions" tee-shirt! Now, I've seen the ubitiquous NYY (new york yankees) hats (in the states, in Europe, and here in Barbados), and I've also seen the occasional interlocking NC for my beloved Tar Heels. (I even once saw a Vince Carter #15 UNC jersey worn by a Trinidadian whom I spoke with in Marseille.) But OU is really a regional phenom -- it's not very common to see their paraphenalia outside the South. But he was sporting it! I didn't get a chance to speak with the man (maybe another morning), but it encouraged me to think someone here is still celebrating the Sooners' 2000 BCS football championship. Sweet!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, November 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plans for Thanksgiving in Barbados?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older