Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, February 10, 2006

Bethany tagged me . . .

. . .

4 books I am reading:
1. I am not reading 4 books; I am not even reading one book.
2. Books are hard to come by in Barbados.
3. But I do read a lot of articles,
4. b/c they are available online - and free!

4 things I am learning:
1. The sense of love and belonging found in genuine community is a powerful and wonderful thing
2. I do not have “it” all together – and never will
3. It is possible to grow in your faith apart from community (especially when you live in a place that doesn’t lend itself to community)
4. I am high maintenance

4 celebrities I would go on a date with:
1. Julia Roberts
2. Kara / Ruthie (Road Rules / Real World)
3. Sarah Jessica Parker (remember her in “Flight of the Navigator”? She had me even then)
4. J-lo / Halle Berry

4 jobs I would like in the future:
1. Teach meteorology to students who eat it up
2. Make the critical forecast decisions in the chaotic June-Nov Atlantic hurricane season
3. Teach English to foreigners who eat it up
4. Photograph cool weather events for calendar companies and/or Nat’l Geographic

4 clothing articles that I always pack for a trip:
1. Plenty of boxer shorts (answers that question, doesn’t it!)
2. A comfortable pair of both short & long pants
3. T-shirts
4. A belt

4 favorite drinks:
1. Skim milk with lots of ice cubes
2. Fresh fruit juice
3. Tap water (by volume its my fav by at least 4-1)
4. Anything served to me by a host family in another country

4 people that make me laugh:
1. Jerry Brotzge
2. Suzanne Hardee
3. Mike French & Jen
4. Marcia

4 tags:
1. I wouldn’t wish
2. this on anyone.
3. But if you want to go through the exercise,
4. it might be useful later. (how many of you have been told that by a prof?!)
Z Barnes – you’re my only regular blogreader I know of who also has a blog – so knock yourself out. You should even print your ‘tag’ in Czech. That would be impressive!

** Edit: the above reference to zbarnes was not totally correct. Guevarafam & the Travises are also regular readers with blogs. And maybe even Timothy Lives checks me out occasionally. And m.haugland, and a.taylor, and r.tanamachi, and d.dawson, and - well - ok I have more regular blog readers than I remembered when I wrote up the above Tag. **

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, February 10, 2006, Blogger Bethany said...

you are totally high maintenance, what other guy needs 2 suitcases for a trip to the states?? and saying you are buying "toiletries" only adds to the label...

glad to see you giving in and doing this, even though you really hate it :)

 
At 3:36 AM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Saintly Nurse said...

Reading this made me realize that I don't have it all together either and I never will.

 
At 4:14 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

wow, I feel honored to have made it to your blog, and I'll totally do, but, I ain't sure if I understand what "4 tags" means? Nice though baby. Ps, how's the states? Ps, goin to paris on saturday, jealous? later babydoll

 
At 12:49 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Hope you don't think this is weird but I saw that you know Jerry Brotzge who also makes me laugh! VERY small world. Enjoyed the posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older