Desierto norte de Chile

Friday, December 23, 2005

America, America . . .

. . . God shed his grace on thee.

I am back in the USA tonight :) I barely caught my connecting flight in Miami, but after praying a lot, I made it by just a few minutes. It didn't hurt that my connection was delayed about 30 minutes! :) My parents took a different flight (Delta, thru Atlanta) and they missed their connection. They are currently snuggled up at the Holiday Inn Hartsfield, though, so I don't think they are too upset. Granted, those of us who have not done our Christmas shopping early are not going to be able to avoid the rush. Yikes.

Did I mention that it is FREEZING here? My body is already achy, and I've only been in the cold an hour. Of course, 25 minutes of that was spent actually standing outside - while wearing my flip-flops b/c my shoes were packed - while waiting for the shuttle bus and then while wandering back and forth between Park and Ride lot sections A3 and A5 (the car was not in A4, as dad swore, but rather between A5 and A6 ... a full 4 rows over from A4! Grr my toes have still not forgiven his memory lapse!)

I'll post more of our family adventures- Bajan style -later. Enjoy the hectic holiday, and also enjoy pondering the significance ("For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." Jn 3:16).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older