Desierto norte de Chile

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Atlantic keeps churning 'em out

Hurricane season officially ends today, November 30th, 2005. Every year I grow introspectve at the end of the season, reminisching about the storms that formed, the people who were impacted, and the science lessons that were or should be learned. I won't bore you with all the details, as you are already aware of most of what happened this year. From Dennis and Emily early on in the Caribbean, to Katrina and Rita in the Gulf; from Wilma's mind-boggling intensification rate to Alpha- Beta- Gamma- Delta- and Epsilon, 2005 has been quite a year! If you're curious (I know you are!), the next name is Zeta. After that comes Eta. It's highly unlikely we'll get Zeta, much less Eta, but storms have been known to form even into December (but seriously, people, it rarely happens).

As a scientist and phd-seeking meteorologist, I am saddled with quite a range of thoughts this evening. Check back on this blog for any later posts after I process for a while. G'day.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Saintly Nurse said...

We're living in Rocky Moung, not too far from your old stomping grounds, if I'm not mistaken!

 
At 4:29 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Saintly Nurse said...

Rocky Mount, I mean. See what I get for being in a hurry! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older