Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, September 11, 2006

All my bags are packed . . .

. . . and I'm ready to go?!

In 5 hours I will leave the US for Austria. Wow! This summer has been a whirlwind of events, people, emotions, research, teaching, sport, cultures, cities, and homes. I cannot fathom that only 3 months and 10 days ago I arrived back from Barbados. It is all surreal, and I have been so busy lately that I haven't begun to process it all. One thing that is overwhelmingly evident is that I have been richly blessed. Here are a few things that I praise God for:
- warm nights
- Wildwood church
- ultimate frisbee
- the Bluesteins and Mrs. Dennis (& their hospitality)
- summer tuesday night bible study
- Colorado and mountains to be climbed
- long phone talks with Bethany
- my students
- the Angolans
- Mee and Por
- tennis
- chats with Zach and future plans to visit!
- Scott Goodspeed and FOCUS ministry
- back to school excitement
- map distribution in Couch tower
- the word of the day (pope on a rope!!? haha)
- parties at lake thunderbird
- sunday night volleyball
- fun times with chris, cameron, and liz
- technical meteo discussions with Dan Dawson
- passing my General Exam!
- my parents (and their love, support, and willingness to be my mailbox!)
- daydreams of Barbados and my friends there
- Florian and his hospitality
- long walks at night
- singing praises to the almighty
- plans to visit Bethany!
- accents
- ceiling fans
- my advisor's flexibility and strong support of my education
- many new friends at OU (not a complete list!): nathan, matt, rakesh, nisha, arpee, hani, danielle, ben, the volleyball guys, barnabas, ashley, ryan, bob, nishan
- my many old friends at OU (meteo & church)
- prayer
- celebrations
- Thai food
- working out at the gym with Matthew
- college football
- world cup 2006
- probably a thousand other things that i forgot

Next post will come to you from Austria, enshaallah. Stay tuned for the transition from "good morning barbados". Peace and love.

5 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

hey, so you should maybe be there now, huh? it's about 7am our time. hope things are well and jetlag ain't too bad. talk to you later. peace. tell bethany hey. we need to skype sometime now that we have the same timezone. peace

 
At 8:41 PM, September 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you promissed that we will meet before you leave, I wanted to invite you for dinner some day... Anyways have a great stay in Kangaroo land...

keep smiling...

Rakesh Gupta

 
At 2:06 AM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe...the anonymous poster said have fun in kangaroo land. Let me know if you see any kangaroos in austria! How's it going anyway?

 
At 4:14 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Bethany said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92501956@N00/sets/72157594292800862/

 
At 10:22 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad - thanks for sending the e-mail out of the blue. On a whim, I happened to check my junk mail box tonight. Can you believe Hotmail thinks you're junk?! Count it a small miracle that I found this e-mail, because I promise: I never check my junk mail. Maybe I'll have to start doing that. Anyway, I'll be in touch to give you more details and send some photos. Thanks for thinking of me.
Chris Hostetler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older