Desierto norte de Chile

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My first few days in Austria

After being delayed 24 hours by thunderstorms in Chicago (that's what happens when you have 4 connections ... miss the first and everything goes haywire!), I arrived in Graz late in the evening September 13. Flo and Barbara fed me a great-tasting chili dish for dinner, and then it was off to bed. The next day, Barbara took me around the university, where I met my colleagues at the Wegener Center, opened a bank account, and began the still-continuing process of acquainting myself with Graz (and it with me!). We met Florian for lunch at the Zu Den 3 Goldenen Kugeln, a nice restaurant/pub near campus. I had the wienerschnitzel & pommes (fried pork and fries, or on the menu, menüteller 3), along with a nice glass of apfelsaft (apple juice). Then we went to the top of Graz's main tourist attraction (but it's also popular with the locals), the Schlossberg. It's a large hill 100 m above the city with a clock tower near the top. Some pictures from the Schlossberg:>





1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, beautiful place. keep sending the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older