Desierto norte de Chile

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Not much new

I don't have many new things to report. I submitted my reading copy to the graduate college -- and got Don Rodgers' feedback regarding my margins (I should use 1.6" instead of 1.5") and title page (capitalize "Degree" and all-caps "DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY"; even though the sample page on their website has neither in the correct format). All is on schedule for my defense on 12 October.

To prepare for the language barrier in Chile, I'm trying to learn some spanish vocabulary (thanks all for your suggestions and for offering me study aids!) Last night I dreamed I was back in Guatemala being tutored by Mrs. Nancy Lopez, my maestra at Christian Spanish Academy in Antigua. In my dream, I was frustrated with my lack of grasp of the language (perhaps my dream-to-waking connection is pretty acute!) On Friday, we had a very nice game of Ultimate, and I'm counting down my days in Norman (6.5 more weeks; I'll leave on Sun 18 Nov).

I'm going to miss Oklahoma for sure. Departing is bittersweet and I want to maximize every minute while I'm still here.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, October 03, 2007, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

and what about your double spacing? is it normal 2? or 2.1? ;) good luck with spanish. i was teaching this lady that had been to santiago for some world conference for her business (some kind of nuclear medicines). she said it was cool, and then i told her i knew this one fool that was goin down there and she thought it was cool. hey, cool story, huh? congrats on the paper. now that you're finished, doesn't it make you miss writing it and you want to write another one? ok, maybe not now, but in a few years you'll miss it i'm sure. ok, talk to you later man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older