Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, October 15, 2007

A very nice weekend!

On Friday, I passed my dissertation defense! My committee suggested minimal changes (augment the future work section, clean up some of the figures, and refine some of my word choices), so I hope to submit it this week to the library. It is quite nice to be done with this stage, but really, the next stage has already begun. I need to submit a paper (chapter 4 of my dissertation) to Monthly Weather Review or Journal of Climate, I'm going to California Nov. 4-8 to present at the MJO Workshop in Irvine, I need to go to Houston to apply for my work Visa for Chile, and then I need to pack up and depart. November 18 will arrive so soon (4 weeks!! Yikes!)

But this weekend was nice. After my defense, several friends joined me to celebrate at Coach's. Then I played a nice game of frisbee and enjoyed a good chat with James & Kelsey Fri. night. Saturday I went to the OU-Missouri football game. Sunday I joined Kenny, Sean, and Craig for a storm chase in SW Oklahoma. I took a few photos of the game. Enjoy.








2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

YAY!!! congratulations!!!

 
At 10:07 AM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Zach Barnes said...

nice man. my principal just got back from patagonia last week and had lots of cool things to say. we met today and talked about it. he'll show pics in a few weeks. but anyways, wanted to let you know. he was in santiago also. anyways. talk to you soon ihppe. peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older