Desierto norte de Chile

Monday, July 21, 2008

Back from the south!

This past weekend I took 3 days and ventured to the south of Chile. I took a book and decided that, instead of my typical "break-neck" pace of traveling, I would try to relax more this time around. I guess I accomplished about 50% of that goal... managing to visit 4 different cities in 3 days (and covering about 1300 miles of territory). I was getting a little bogged down in things in Santiago -- routine, preparing various personal statements, etc -- so it was nice to have a change. And even though the sky this morning in Santiago is drizzly gray, I do feel refreshed (in spite of sleeping very little on the overnight bus last night from Temuco).

I'll post photos and a narrative later tonight.

One other thing: last week I had the chance to catch up with a good friend from Oklahoma - who happens to live in the Czech republic now - and he shared with me the "facebook news" that my former girlfriend Bethany is now engaged. I'm really happy for her and JC, although it's still a little strange to consider! They are getting married soon (in less than 3 months), which is probably close to normal for two seminary kids who are short on cash! I received an invitation to their wedding (again via Facebook!), but am not sure how that would go (our only face-to-face meeting in the US at her wedding? Might be a little weird!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older