Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baltazar's Birthday

Yesterday, 28 Oct 2009, was the birthday of my friend Baltazar. Balta is of mixed Mixtec-Mexican heritage (his mom is Mixteca, his dad Mexicano), from Oaxaca. Last night was his birthday and he invited me to join his brother, sister-in-law, and niece for a dinner at TGI Fridays. I was very honored to be invited to celebrate with just he and his family. I was a little surprised when he told me that he hadn't really ever celebrated his birthday before. So I might have overdone it by my gifts (paying for dinner, a card, and some candy), but I figure that everyone likes - and deserves - to be celebrated on their birthday, no matter how they might play it off.

Here are a few pics.







1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, October 29, 2009, Blogger mellanie said...

That was very sweet of you. Looks like you guys had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older