Desierto norte de Chile

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Visiting Mee and Por in Holland, MI

In June, I had the great priviledge of going to visit my good friends Mee and Por before they flew back to Thailand. I flew into Lansing, MI on Saturday morning June 20th, after a very heavy rain (5" in 24 hrs), but the clouds quickly cleared and gave us a spectacular two day period. After we cooked a scrumptuous Thai lunch, we went jogging and exploring Holland. We had plans to eat dinner at a famous lake-side seafood restaurant, but the flood did a number on the restaurant (put several inches of water in it's main dining area and cut the power), so we opted instead for Chinese take-out and a picnic dinner and sunset at the junction of the Macatawa River and Lake Michigan. On Sunday we ate pancakes and went to the Lao Church service. Afterwards, Mee played soccer and said goodbye to his soccer team, Los Bandidos (he and Por were leaving Holland in just a few days to begin their cross-US journey back to Thailand).

It was an excellent - and encouraging - time with two dear friends of mine. Enjoy these selected photos of our weekend together!































1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, November 02, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my best friends is from Holland - except she's Dutch. :)

I'm in DC now - let me know when you come down to see the monuments or the museums. I would love to tag along and introduce you to my fiance Eric (my husband as of 11/20!)

So fun to see your smiling face, Brad. Love your heart for people & cultures from all around the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older