Desierto norte de Chile

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The day after the snow

So yesterday was beautiful, with lots of snow (22.3" total, see previous post)... today started tranquilly, enough so for a short jog on the snow-covered streets. After showering, I realized I had work to do. Like yesterday, when I spent 90 mins "digging out" my Civic from the plowed-over side street, today was spent "digging". I started in the backyard, creating a path from my backdoor to my deck door and then clearing (mostly) the snow from around my car. Unfortunately there is a 6-foot-high plowed remnant right in front of where I park, so I am stuck with freeze-thaw ice puddles out my backdoor for at least the next month. :(

After church at Hispana Emanuel, my new neighbor Ricardo loaned me his snow shovel and I finished shoveling the rest of our sidewalk (he did the part from his end to the road; I picked up and went to my end). I've heard the news media repeatedly refer to cities and residents "digging out" after a big snowstorm; now, I know the metaphor, only it's not so metaphoric, more literal! Here are a few photos.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older