Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Retreat

Last weekend, I joined USNA Crusade for their annual fall retreat. Over 100 of us headed west to Skycroft Conference Center just outside of Frederick, MD. I rode up with Kyle and Greg St Cyr, pastor of Bay Area church, and enjoyed hearing about their lives & getting some good advice for mine. Because of required "SMT" (Saturday morning training) for the younger mids, our retreat extended from Saturday p.m.-Monday p.m. Monday was the federal holiday for Columbus day.

I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with the guys (and gals) out there- lots of good singing, good messages from "The Percolator" (the nickname the guys gave Greg b/c of his love of coffee), and of course free time & good conversations. I also enjoyed capture the flag, "Cru Cup" events, knockout, cornhole, dodge ball, constructing catapults, and generally goofing off. I remarked to several students that for me, although I enjoyed myself immensely, the weekend was emotionally draining! Normally my life is pretty tranquil- interactions with my roommates, of course time with students while teaching - but the only 'break' I got over the weekend was while everyone was sleeping (and I didn't sleep much- going to bed after 1 each night and getting up before 7).

Here are some pics from our weekend:






















1 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, October 18, 2010, Blogger Dianne said...

Do I spy an OU Baseball shirt?! Boomer Sooner!
Glad you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older