Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goings on...

My blog posting has become more and more irregular, even though, for those who've been following along/counting, I've been blogging for FIVE YEARS and 5 months... that's a long time in the world of the internet. It's weird to think that 17.2% of my life is recorded in the period of this blog (64.5 months of blogging, 375 months of living).

Anyway, a few goings-on in my world:

1- I had a great mid-year job evaluation from my boss. Those are always encouraging to hear, and motivating to keep up the good work.

2- I just got back from a 10-day trip to Chile with USNA students (we returned a week ago). The trip was fantastic, and I'll post a blog entry in the not-too-distant future (I still owe one from Mexico this summer!, and probably several others, too.)

3- The next trip on the horizon is the Air Quality conference in San Diego in March, and I plan to take one of my research students with me to that. Speaking of cool conferences, the 2012 AMS Southern Hemisphere meeting is in New Caledonia, an island in the South Pacific. I'd love to go (of course!), and hopefully one of my current proposals in with ONR or NSF will be funded, enabling me to attend.

4- Life here in Annapolis is going well- I've lined up (I think) a research student for the summer, which is great because I know him and think we'll enjoy working together, and a research student significantly increases my own productivity.

5- My colleague John Woods and I are again trying to put together SWIFT activity for May 2011; stay tuned for details.

6- For the first time in a while, I'm not sure what I'll be doing during Spring Break this year. The past two years, I'd spent the break in Norway and Venezuela. Perhaps this year it's time to take it easy, maybe save the money toward either my kitchen renovations or possibly buying a property in eastern Colorado (a perfect place to spend the sultry, oppressive Annapolis summer: as far away from water as possible!) We'll see...

Stay tuned for the Chile post... I promise it's coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older