Desierto norte de Chile

Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Law enforcement warning"?

This morning I saw that the US-National Weather Service had issued another interesting warning. This one is termed "Law enforcement warning." Are there bands of rogue sheriffs roaming around southeast SD? A plea for residents to stay indoors to avoid the dangerous cops?

Hahaha. In reality, it has the same effect as "civil emergency message," although "law enforcement warning" sounds a lot cooler. The area under the advisory had been hit by strong thunderstorms a few hours earlier, and the text advised citizens to use caution (or stay indoors) because of all of the tree damage.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, August 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man - I wandered over here for the first time in awhile. You still doing ok? I was thinking about you this past week - I went to Nicaragua and learned some Spanish. I really, really enjoyed it. Learning a third language is on my bucket list. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older